The Bernard and Anne Spitzer Charitable Trust is seeking a full-time Executive Coordinator (EC) to join our small, but growing team. The Trust is a progressive family foundation. It makes grants to organizations that are working to create a more just, equitable, democratic and environmentally sustainable world.
The Executive Coordinator (EC) reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will work closely with the DC-based Chief Operating Officer (COO), with interaction with Trustees and grantees in support of the Trust’s work.
The EC’s role is central in supporting the organization's mission and providing assistance to the CEO and COO to help develop and coordinate operations, systems, and programs across the organization. S/he will also perform a variety of administrative and technical duties related to the implementation of grant making programs, including developing and preparing analyses and summary reports.
The EC will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, solid written and verbal communication skills and strong administrative and organizational skills. S/he will have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and will exercise solid independent judgment in a variety of situations. The EC will be proactive with prep work, developing background information and materials, and will be able to separate the important from the trivial to highlight key information the CEO needs.
The EC is expected to be a trusted partner in creating and maintaining effective working relationships and will be flexible and able to deal with the unexpected. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, optimistic, and excited to take on small and large tasks essential to the organization’s success and his/her individual growth.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
• Monitor and manage internal and external communications for the CEO’s office;
• Maintain CEO’s calendar, book travel and prepare and manage expense reports;
• Support senior staff with meeting scheduling and other administrative tasks including travel and expense reports and coordinating travel itineraries, event schedules, and related activities;
• Track the status of proposals and grants, including satisfaction of narrative and financial reporting requirements;
• Respond to general inquiries and requests for information and provide guidance to potential applicants regarding program priorities;
• Ensure grant files are complete and updated as necessary;
• Prepare initial drafts of materials related to grant progress, e.g., award letters, extensions, reminders, payments;
• Maintain office infrastructure, equipment and supplies, including troubleshooting equipment problems and monitoring contracts;
• Conduct research projects relating to program development and implementation, as needed;
• Undertake such additional tasks as the CEO may require.
• Self-starting, responsible and able to proactively anticipate team needs;
• Demonstrated abilities in organization, prioritization, time management and problem-solving;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Capable of communicating effectively with grantees, board, staff and program partners;
• Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality;
• Good will, a sense of humor, and a commitment to collegiality;
• Ability to review budgets and financial reports;
• Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Excel, Powerpoint); data analysis and visualization skills;
• Knowledge of grants management systems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Minimum of three years administrative and/or program support experience;
• Familiarity with the nonprofit sector;
• Demonstrated interest in the Trust’s mission and values.
Commensurate with experience
Excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, retirement plan and vacation and holidays.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
The Bernard and Anne Spitzer Charitable Trust is committed to diversity and invites applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
TO APPLY: INTERESTED CANDIDATES, PLEASE SEND:
• Cover letter;
• Resume with salary history;
• 2-3 page writing sample;
• Names of three references (at least two professional);
• Other information that might be useful in evaluating your candidacy for his position.